- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 large basil leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Greek oregano
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Two 3/4-pound pork tenderloins
- 1 small onion, sliced crosswise 1/3 inch thick
- 1 pound medium asparagus
- 1 prewashed bag of butter lettuce (or your choice)
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
- Optional: we add sliced avocado and fresh parmesan
How to make this recipe
- In a blender, combine the vinegar with the garlic, shallot, mustard, basil, and oregano and puree. With the machine on, pour in 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Season the pork with salt and pepper. Grill the pork over moderately high heat, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes, onion and asparagus with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the asparagus over moderately high heat until lightly browned, about 4 minutes for the onions and asparagus. Transfer to a plate.
- In a large bowl, toss the salad with the prosciutto, grilled onion and half of the vinaigrette. Mound the salad onto plates. Thinly slice the pork and arrange it on the plates, along with grilled tomatoes and asparagus. Drizzle the pork and vegetables with the remaining vinaigrette and serve. Optional, add sliced avocado and top with fresh parmesan.